Friday 20 July 2012

Learning to stretch the truth...

I love a BBQ. I have done ever since I was a young girl. It's not so much the food (although I do love a good banger) but the social aspect - I have photos of my Dad sitting in the garden under an  green fishing umbrella lovingly tending a BBQ so we could celebrate an evening with friends. But this weekend will be the first BBQ that I'll be attending with mini-bump.



I might feel like a whale, but my secret should be safe for a little longer as I've never been a svelt lady. I'm hoping people just think I've eaten an extra helping of dinner...

But this weekend's BBQ is the first time that I'll have to decline a tumbler of Pimms, or a glass of wine.  I'm not worried about missing out, but I do worry about people suspecting.

Will there be a limited number of "I'm driving/I'm on medication" excuses that people will accept...?

No comments:

Post a Comment