Saturday 28 July 2012

Saving for a new arrival

As a nipper I remember being taken to the cinema to see Baby's Day Out, a film where a baby, for some convoluted reason ends up all by himself in a big city. Think Home Alone, but a lot younger.

I remember thinking that if I ever became a parent, although I'd never leave my child to fend for themselves in a big city, I did want to make sure my littluns were as happy as the baby in that film.

But I know that, even if I'm frugal, I'll need to find the money to make that happen.  I've not even started making a list of all the things we're going to need... A buggy, a car seat, a cot... But I can almost see the pound signs dancing in front of my eyes.

Luckily there's Christmas between now and my due date, so I'm hoping that I can ask for some baby focused items then. I've also mentally pencilled in cloth nappies to reduce expense, and I'm even trying to save some pennies now by saving an extra few pounds each month in an attempt to spread the cost...

But if anyone has any futher tips on how I can prepare, financially, for our little panda's arrival it would be great to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment