And what is a better way to show your appreciation than with cake. And possibly with chocolate. Oh, and cream... Okay, so I went a bit crazy.
Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes
IngredientsMakes 15 approx
For the cheesecake-topping-goodness:
450gm soft cream cheese
100gm caster sugar
2 eggs (whisked)
1 tsp vanilla essence
150ml sour cream
12 mini chocolate bars (yes you can eat the rest of the packet...)
For the base:
30gm butter (melted)
1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Put paper cases into muffin tin
- Grab your nearest heavy object and smash the Oreos into dust (or if you'd rather use a food processor - I'm a bash-it-with-a-rolling-pin type of girl), pour melted butter on tablespoon of caster sugar into smashed-up chocolate biscuit and mix. Press into base of paper cases and pop to one side.
- In another bowl mix together cream cheese and caster sugar until smooth. Add vanilla essence and whisked eggs slowly - mix until combined, and then add sour cream. Mix some more.
- Chop up chocolate bars into teeny tiny pieces (try not to eat them...). I used a combination of mini Twix and mini Mars bars for extra variety (it also meant I had to buy two bags, guaranteeing spares!), and stir into the mix.
- Carefully put the cheesecake mix into the paper cases onto of the Oreo base - try not to over-fill as the cheesecakes will rise a little bit in the oven.
- Pop into a 200 degree oven for 30minutes, or until firm.
- Leave to cool and set in the fridge for 6 hours.
|It may look a little burnt (I had a slight oven malfunction) but my god it tasted divine.|
|And if you fancied being slightly healthier (who am I kidding?!) chopped-up strawberries work just as well!|