Monday 20 August 2012

Review: Original Theraline Maternity and Nursing Pillows

A few weeks ago I was suffering with a terribly achy back and was feeling very sorry for myself, so when I heard about the Original Theraline Maternity and Nursing Pillows which, according the website, is designed to support tired backs and limbs by shaping around the body I couldn't help but wonder if they could provide me with some relief.  No longer being pregnant, I recognise that I'm not really Theraline's key audience, but as my bad back still hasn't shifted, the lovely PRs people at PJP PR offered to send me a pillow to see if it would help.

I have a tilted uterus, which causes my period pain to seem to emanate from my kidneys.  So every month I trawl around our flat, looking for cushions and pillows in order to create enough of stack to support my back and sides.  It's an art I've almost perfected now - carefully balancing the cushions into one corner of our dated sofa so that I can sit with my legs up and still be supported.  But it just takes a little bit of wriggling for one for the pillows to be dislodged, or slip down the sofa cushions... which means I have to build my nest again from scratch.  So I was looking forward to whether the Theraline cushion could simplify those evenings when I just want to curl up and read a book on the sofa.


 When the Theraline pillow arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the tasteful cover - knowing that it was designed for pregnancy and beyond I was a little concerned that the design might be garish, but I genuinely liked the modern flower designs and was delighted to discover that the cover was also completely removable too - and for a klutz like me that is hugely important.  I'm sure it won't be long before I drip tea on the white sections...

The pillow is shaped like on over-large boomerang, and come with a sheet of basic instructions to help a new owner work out how it can be used, which is essentially only limited by your imagination.  The lightweight microbeads shape themselves around your body so if you're laying it can be used as a pillow/prop to stop you rolling onto your back, it can be used to support your legs, or my favourite, to support your back and shoulders if you're in a seated position.

 Since the pillow arrived I've not been able to settle down to read my book without it.  I no longer have to stack cushions on the sofa, or fold over pillows to elevate my head in bed - the Theraline pillow has sorted that for me.

I'm so enamoured that the Hubby has threatened to hide the Pillow so I can't use it all the time - he's worried that I won't be able to sleep without it!



The Theraline Original Maternity and Nursing Pillow comes in a range of cover designs, with prices starting at £44.95.

Disclosure: I was sent the Pillow for the purposes of this review, however all opinions expressed are my own and are honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment